CAREERS AT MILESTONE
Milestone is a recognized leader in microwave technology for sample preparation of metals and organic analysis for Digestion, Extraction, Synthesis and in Direct Mercury Analysis. We look for dedicated and driven individuals with chemistry or related scientific experience to join our friendly, professional team. We offer opportunities in Sales, Service, and Applications. Current openings are listed, please use the form below to apply.
The Northeast territory includes the states of CT, NY, MA, ME, NH, RI, and VT. Optimally the candidate should reside in or around Shelton but will consider those living in other states of the territory.
1. Be a quota driven individual, accountable for consistently achieving sales targets
2. Able to effectively work in a team selling environment with routine engagement by product management and inside sales
3. Territory management, prospecting and building key accounts
4. Present technical and competitive information in a clear, concise manner
5. Perform customer specific product demonstrations and presentations
6. Attend local and national seminars and shows
7. Contact customers via telephone, correspondence or in person by traveling as frequently as necessary to meet and surpass profitable sales goals for the company.
8. Reevaluate work on an ongoing basis to increase market share.
9. Create customized proposals to meet specific customer requirements in an efficient manner.
10. Maintain and continually update Salesforce, Milestone’s selected CRM and contact database, including forecasting, customer history, and key contact information
11. Stay abreast of market conditions regarding products, product updates, service offerings and new technologies through available resources.
12. Utilize company leads to expand current customer base and follow up all leads promptly.
13. Perform other related duties as assigned.
· A proven sales record in a field sales position for analytical laboratory equipment or supplies
· Experience with sample preparation or metals analysis
· Technical expertise or aptitude for inorganic and organic chemistry applications
· Excellent oral, written and computer skills (Microsoft Office – experience with Salesforce.com a plus)
· Ability to travel up to 55+% of the time
Degree: Bachelors or Masters in chemistry or science related field