CAREERS AT MILESTONE
Milestone is a recognized leader in microwave technology for sample preparation of metals and organic analysis for Digestion, Extraction, Synthesis and in Direct Mercury Analysis. We look for dedicated and driven individuals with chemistry or related scientific experience to join our friendly, professional team. We offer opportunities in Sales, Service, and Applications. Current openings are listed, please use the form below to apply.
Specific functions of this role include:
- Primary lead on all pre-sales application needs
- Supporting sales team in product and application knowledge
- Running applications as needed to prove product capability
- Customer-facing product demonstrations – both onsite and through remote technology
- Writing analysis reports and technical documents
- Developing and presenting slide presentations and webinars
- Attending and presenting at technical trade shows and meetings
*Candidate should possess the following:
- B.S. (M.S. preferred) in analytical chemistry with 1-3 years experience as a chemist in an analytical or environmental laboratory
- Strong understanding of analytical chemistry and its use in an environmental lab
- Experience with various analytical instrumentation, i.e. chromatography, spectroscopy
- Excellent customer-facing presence and ability to present complex messages clearly
- Strong time-management skills with the ability to meet deadlines and manage a variety of tasks
- Ability to work well with others in a strong team environment
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong problem-solving abilities and capacity for learning/applying new material quickly
- Ability to travel – up to 50%
Ideal candidate would have a degree in engineering or the sciences and have some experience or proven ability to perform the duties as described. Be professional in manner, have good written and oral communication skills and be willing and eager to lean. Recent graduates possessing these skills are encouraged to apply.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Receiving/Unpacking all equipment.
• Setup, testing, and evaluation of our equipment to ensure they meet our high-quality standards.
• Upgrade/Repair/Calibrate instruments as necessary.
• Verification of orders, parts, and accessories.
• Documenting and recording all supporting data.
Necessary skills include:
• Ability to learn and understand complex analytical equipment.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Competence on computer systems.
• Team player.
• Dedicated and take pride in your work.
Milestone provides an excellent work environment and will provide you with everything you need to succeed. All that is needed is the right person with the skills required and a can-do attitude.
The Northeast territory includes the states of CT, NY, MA, ME, NH, RI, and VT. Optimally the candidate should reside in or around Shelton but will consider those living in other states of the territory.
1. Be a quota driven individual, accountable for consistently achieving sales targets
2. Able to effectively work in a team selling environment with routine engagement by product management and inside sales
3. Territory management, prospecting and building key accounts
4. Present technical and competitive information in a clear, concise manner
5. Perform customer specific product demonstrations and presentations
6. Attend local and national seminars and shows
7. Contact customers via telephone, correspondence or in person by traveling as frequently as necessary to meet and surpass profitable sales goals for the company.
8. Reevaluate work on an ongoing basis to increase market share.
9. Create customized proposals to meet specific customer requirements in an efficient manner.
10. Maintain and continually update Salesforce, Milestone’s selected CRM and contact database, including forecasting, customer history, and key contact information
11. Stay abreast of market conditions regarding products, product updates, service offerings and new technologies through available resources.
12. Utilize company leads to expand current customer base and follow up all leads promptly.
13. Perform other related duties as assigned.
· A proven sales record in a field sales position for analytical laboratory equipment or supplies
· Experience with sample preparation or metals analysis
· Technical expertise or aptitude for inorganic and organic chemistry applications
· Excellent oral, written and computer skills (Microsoft Office – experience with Salesforce.com a plus)
· Ability to travel up to 55+% of the time
Degree: Bachelors or Masters in chemistry or science related field
2) Assist and coordinate all aspects of direct marketing campaigns including
a. Experience with market segmentation and development of lists using Data.com/Tryprospect/industry databases
b. automated mailings
c. help develop Campaign monitor e-mail content/format including sends and reporting
d. Campaign results reporting and integration with SalesForce.com
e. Assist with telemarketing follow-up as required
3) Assist in on-going maintenance of SalesForce.com as it relates to lead/contact management and reporting.
4) All aspects of Tradeshow coordination and logistics
5) Update and maintain marketing spend and marketing calendar
6) Assist in miscellaneous art/form/other design requirements utilizing MS Publisher/Photoshop
7) Assist with PR/web listing efforts as required (content/images/proofing/approvals).
8) Assist in presentation support using MS Powerpoint and MS Word.
9) Organize and maintain sales literature/promo items/etc. inventory
10) Participate in handling in-coming sales/service/parts calls.
11) Coordinate social media efforts including developing and implementing content, approve posts
12) Implementation of minor website updates (WordPress)
Highly organized, efficient, and able to multi-task. 2 – 3 years’ experience in a Marketing/Sales support role where a high attention to detail and presentation was required. Computer savvy, expert level on all MS Office Products including Excel and Word. Adobe Photoshop and WordPress a plus. Comfortable trying and picking up new programs quickly. MUST HAVE web-based CRM experience, preferably with Salesforce. Automated marketing experience with Pardot, Campaign Monitor, Vertical Response, or similar platform highly desired. 4 year college degree in Marketing/Communications required. Compensation range $45,000 – $55,000 commensurate with experience.